RE: limited DBA privileges

From: Goulet, Dick <richard.goulet_at_capgemini.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:54:43 -0400

You were lucky.

Dick Goulet / Capgemini
North America P&C / East Business Unit
Senior Oracle DBA / Hosting
Office: 508.573.1978 / Mobile: 508.742.5795 / www.capgemini.com Fax: 508.229.2019 / Email: richard.goulet_at_capgemini.com 45 Bartlett St. / Marlborough, MA 01752

Together: the Collaborative Business Experience

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Jared Still Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 12:35 PM To: oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: limited DBA privileges

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 8:01 PM, Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com> wrote:

        Mark,

        I think there are many people on the list who have had to deal with this.

        You know how those wild DBAs took down Enron and other big companies a few years ago, so congress passed SoX to control their excesses. I'm guessing that is the basis of your questions.

I was a DBA at Enron. All I got was the sack. ;)

--
Jared Still