Re: VIEW, PACKAGE_BODY:OLAPSYS... created with compilation warnings ?... Basic Qs

From: Mark Brinsmead <pythianbrinsmead_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 20:26:19 -0600

One *possible* explanation here is that the OLAP option was installed in the database you exported from, but the OLAP *software* has not been installed in the ORACLE_HOME for the database you are importing into.

This is not an uncommon situation -- I've hit it once or twice myself. DBAs often lazily (or mistakenly) select "default" options when installing software with OUI and building databases with DBCA. Each will (by default) load you up with every option (except RAC).

When you export from a database built this way, and import into one where the installation/config were done more carefully (e.g., by a DBA who knows that OLAP is not licensed and should therefore not even be taken off the installation media), you'll see exactly this sort of error.

Is your application working? If so, I would suggest that you look at Metalink for information on how to correctly remove the OLAP option from database.

Assuming, that is, that my "possible" explanation is actually correct...

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 9:35 PM, VIVEK_SHARMA <VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infosys.com> wrote:

> Folks
>

> 200 Errors (few samples below) Occurred when doing impdp (from a FULL
> Database Dump) into an Empty Database:-
>
> ORA-39082: Object type VIEW:"OLAPSYS"."OLAP_SYS_AW_ACCESS_DIM_VIEW" created
> with compilation warnings
>
> ORA-39082: Object type VIEW:"OLAPSYS"."OLAP_SYS_AW_ACCESS_CUBE_VIEW"
> created with compilation warnings
>
> …
>

> ORA-39082: Object type PACKAGE_BODY:"OLAPSYS"."CWM$CLASSIFY" created with
> compilation warnings
>
> ORA-39082: Object type PACKAGE_BODY:"OLAPSYS"."CWM$OLAP$CUBE" created with
> compilation warnIngs
>
> …
>

> ORA-39082: Object type PACKAGE_BODY:"SYSMAN"."MGMT_VIEW_PRIV" created with
> compilation warnings
>
> ORA-39082: Object type PACKAGE_BODY:"SYSMAN"."MGMT_LOCK_UTIL" created with
> compilation warnIngs
>

> *Qs What is the approach for further diagnostics/resolution of such
> errors?*
>

> Cheers & Thanks
>

> Vivek
> message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail
> or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This
> e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to
> minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a
> result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus
> checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves the right
> to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this
> e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored
> on the Infosys e-mail system.

Cheers,
-- Mark Brinsmead
Senior DBA,