Re: 11g in production

From: Chandra Pabba <chandra.pabba_at_gmx.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:46:58 -0500

Khan,

Production ("non-beta") are made available after 8 to 10 weeks from closing of Beta tests. I guess currently the 11g beta would be ending June 30th. There would be no difference if you pass beta versus production...you will get the same kind/type of certificate. You can expect the Production 11g tests to be available some time early september.

Thanks
-Chandra Pabba

  • Original Message ----- From: Khan, Muhammad S To: dannorris_at_dannorris.com ; chris_stephens_at_admworld.com Cc: Oracle L Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 3:24 PM Subject: RE: 11g in production

  Interesting topic!

  My question is about 11g OCP tests. Presently, 11g OCP beta exams are available. Does anyone have any idea when will be the "non-beta" exams available???

  Also, what difference does it make if we go through these beta exams and trainings? Especially, when non-beta comes out.

  Thanks in advance for your valuable opinions.

  Khan.

  From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Dan Norris   Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 1:43 MUHAMMAD   To: chris_stephens_at_admworld.com
  Cc: Oracle L
  Subject: Re: 11g in production

  Hi Chris,

  I have one customer running 11g RAC in production with no major issues. We had one SQL query that needed tuning, but that's the only issue that is worth mentioning.

  Dan

  Stephens, Chris wrote:

  Is there anyone out there that has taken the leap to 11g in production yet? Any major problems?

  Is the general consensus that waiting for release 2 is the way to go?

  There is a ton of stuff in 11g that will be useful and I'm thinking about heading down the upgrade path but if it is just a flat-out bad idea, I've got plenty of other stuff to do.

  I realize this is very open ended but any input would be appreciated.

  Thanks!

  Chris

  CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
  This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,   confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this   communication in error, please notify us immediately by email reply.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Apr 25 2008 - 16:46:58 CDT

Original text of this message