Re: SOS: How to recover a database with missing all online redo logs

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 10:50:17 -0500 (CDT)

More detailed information is needed, but I have a sinking feeling that you've already rolled your database forward past the point of recoverability. Step 2 in recovery (after assessing the situation) should be to backup what you have so that you can restart your recovery should it fail. Without knowing a detailed timeline of events, including the recovery commands, I don't believe anyone here can offer a magic bullet of recovery for you. But from what you've stated, I believe the most likely scenario to be that you will need to do a PIT recovery of your database from backup to the last completed SCN that has been archived.

I have to say that the basic recovery questions today is a little alarming. These are covered in the Oracle classes, at least when I took them back in the v8 days. And Oracle Support should also be used in recovery scenarios where the recovery plan is not known or there are issues. You *have* purchased Support for your 1.5TB DB, right???

Best of luck!

Rich