Time estimate for patches from Oracle

From: Bill Ferguson <wbfergus_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 09:28:06 -0600

Okay, this will probably vary by a considerable margin.

I was wondering what everybody's experience has been with getting a patch created by Oracle development and then finally made available.

On April 12th my system suddenly became very unstable (11.1.0.6 on Windows 2003 Server). Filed a SR right away, and the following Monday I began attending the Oracle Collaborate conference here in Denver. On Wednesday I finally got some confirmation that it is a bug, not something I set wrong, and by Thursday Oracle development was supposed to working on writing a backport to some existing bugs that would fix my problem.

Evidently they have now completed testing the backport, but it's still not available for me to access and apply yet. Needless to say my users are getting a bit annoyed. Last week they understood as I was gone, but this week they are expecting a fix ASAP. Any guesses from the list on when I might actually be able to get my system running again, so I can offer my users something?

Thanks for any all guesses.