Data Center Move

From: Angel Tirone <atirone_at_jcvi.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 15:30:37 -0400

We are consolidating data centers and need to move a couple of Oracle databases, including a 3 node production RAC. This will require changing the IP address of every machine that is moved.

I am opening an SR with Oracle, but real world pointers / tips / gotcha's / how-to's etc. on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Oracle versions are 9.2.0.4, 10.1.0.5 (RAC) and 10.2.01 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 1) (and yes, once the machines are moved we plan to upgrade Oracle)

Thanks!

--

Angel Tirone
Database Administrator III