New bie Information of redo and datafile

From: nilesh kumar <>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 20:00:05 +0530

Hello All,

Good Morning!,
Hope every one is doing good.

I have a very simple two questions:-

  1. If I issue a sql statement to insert value or delete value or modify the value in the table. What exact information goes in the redolog file and datafile. I know that redo entries goes in the redolog file, but I need to know what exactly get stored in the redolog file and datafile.
  2. Suppose a dba gets a pager that datafile threshold has reached 90% and he goes and add a datafile . How does oracle comes to know that after the current datafile is full it needs to store the data in the new datafile added.