RE: Extended RAC - latency on real systems

From: Matthew Zito <>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 00:50:13 -0400

You'd be better off asking a question like this on the NANOG mailing list:

There's nothing specific about RAC versus any other traffic-based latencies for various packet sizes. One thing to keep in mind for your research, though, is that most extended-distance WAN links have smaller MTUs, and hence jumbo frames are not an option.

Matthew Zito
Chief Scientist
GridApp Systems
P: 646-452-4090