Re: Extended RAC - latency on real systems

From: Jakub Wartak <vnulllists_at_pcnet.com.pl>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 11:17:44 +0200

Dnia czwartek, 3 kwietnia 2008 06:50, Matthew Zito napisaƂ:

> You'd be better off asking a question like this on the NANOG mailing list:
>
> http://www.nanog.org/
>
> There's nothing specific about RAC versus any other traffic-based latencies
> for various packet sizes. One thing to keep in mind for your research,
> though, is that most extended-distance WAN links have smaller MTUs, and
> hence jumbo frames are not an option.

Hi Matthew,

As far as I know, most Extended RAC configurations are running on dedicated DWDMs or pure Gigabit Ethernet/FC optical links (2-20km). I think that in this second scenario MTU of Ethernet can be set as high as 9k.

Thanks for link, I'll try to ask there if no one replies here.

--
Jakub Wartak
http://vnull.pcnet.com.pl