ORA-3113 and orastack (Was: Quality of Oracle MetaLink Notes)

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 08:19:27 -0700 (PDT)

> From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
> One example, one which I did send feedback to Oracle Support is Note
> 558846.1.

Hi, Hemant, can you share your feedback? I read the note. They failed to mention you need to back up oracle.exe before you enlarge its stack, and possibly increase it a little at a time (best practice). But other than that, the suggested workaround sounds reasonable and quite smart.

Yong Huang

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. http://tc.deals.yahoo.com/tc/blockbuster/text5.com