Re: 9.2 - Parallel Query Not Working

From: Greg Rahn <greg_at_structureddata.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 00:35:11 -0700

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 4:42 PM, Tony Adolph <tony.adolph.dba_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> So are you saying that if a table has a parallel degree set, then
> index lookup on that table will also be in parallel? I didn't think
> that was the case, so my comment (perhaps flawed) was saying that you
> may not get parallel access to the table because the plan is using an
> index. In this case the hint parallel_index(i, n) could be useful.

Both the table and index have parallel attributes (user_tables.degree, user_indexes.degree). In order to have the possibility of parallel access, the degree needs to be >1 or a hint has to be used (PARALLEL for tables, PARALLEL_INDEX for indexes). In the plan I sent, you can see the parallel index range scan as well as the parallel partition scans.

--
Regards,

Greg Rahn
http://structureddata.org