RE: create a view with parallel hint

From: Christian Antognini <Christian.Antognini_at_trivadis.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 08:13:16 +0100

Hi Tony

> create or replace view EVENT_T_parallel_historic as
> select * /*+ full(eph) parallel(eph,8) */
> from
> EVENT_T partition (PARTITION_HISTORIC) eph;
>
> then reference EVENT_T_parallel_historic in the main query.
>
> But,... when I run the query, the hints are ignored.
>
> Can hints be used within views in this manner,
> and/or am I doing something wrong here?

Hints in view can be used (even if it is not generally really advised to do so). Anyway, to solve a problem like your, it is ok.

If you really created the view with the SQL statement you posted, the problem is simply that you have placed the "*" before the hint, and not after.

If you used another SQL statement, than, please, post it... There is for sure something wrong. Either a hint is not correctly used or you didn't specify enough hints.

HTH
Chris