RE: Oracle DBA future

From: kathy duret <katpopins21_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 09:56:20 -0700 (PDT)

If you are a db in a small organization you absolutely have to have people skills!   And I would argue you still would need some people skills in a large organization.

  You need to ask people like System Administrators for things.   You will need to interact with HR for benefits   Your boss - you need to have good skills there or your review, etc will suffer.

  You might technicall be able to do all the right stuff but one slip of the tougue could kill you!

  My 2 cents.

  Kathy

Srinivas Chintamani <srinivas.chintamani_at_gmail.com> wrote:   People skills Vs DBA

I have heard this opinion voiced a lot of times in my career, that most DBAs are not inclined to dealing with people. They'd rather spend their time tackling complicated TECHNICAL issues than deal with people.

Is that something that anybody else on this list has experienced?

Is it ok for a very talented DBA to be stunted in their people skills? Why or why not ?

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Mar 18 2008 - 11:56:20 CDT

Original text of this message