Re: 10gR2 RAC on RISC or X86-64 hardware

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 17:43:33 -0700

I'm not a HW guy either, nor do I play one on TV.

But I do know some HW guys. The common nickname for Itanium is 'Itanic'

Make of it what you will.

The current IO champ in price/performance is not Intel, but AMD Opteron.

Don't know if it has been through TPC, but I do know some folks that understand
IO and CPU's down to the bit level, and their choice is Opteron. I believe HP has
a line of servers with this chip.

Very fast with Oracle.

Jared

--