RE: sync up production to UAT for a 500G+ database

From: Hameed, Amir <>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 13:12:16 -0400

In our case, the entire process, which involves snapping of BCV, cloning of the database and the application tier on the DB server as well as the application tier on the middle-tier server (this is a multi-tier, multi-node environment), less than one hour. Are you running EMC SAN or some other SAN?

[] On Behalf Of Prasad

	Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2008 12:33 PM
	Subject: Re: sync up production to UAT for a 500G+ database
	Hi Mark
	we have a 6 hour window each night. and yes we want to discard
anything that
	took place in testing mode and completely resynch. we have
dataguard license.
	so it seems to be easier to implement but as the database is
expected to grow to 1.5 tb over
	a year and half so getting 2X times the storage is something
that I have to find out.

        how long does it take to refresh using using EMC BCV . and any idea on the licensing cost

        for these solution.

	On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 6:10 PM, Nuno Souto
<> wrote:

                Prasad wrote,on my timestamp of 16/03/2008 3:15 AM:

> Greetings,
> I have a 500GB production database running on Oracle
9i on Solaris .

> and now the Users Testing group wants to keep it in
sync with production

> every night . So I am looking for any suggestions
from List's experience .

> Please advise.

		this is precisely where features like Mirrorview
		and other SAN replication techniques can be useful.
		And much cheaper than database extensions.
		Nuno Souto