Re: Metrics for Swingbench benchmarks

From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider_at_ardentperf.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 11:37:04 -0400

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Jeremy Schneider < jeremy.schneider_at_ardentperf.com> wrote:

> Just some shots in the dark, but I wonder if you could statically force
> all lock masters to the preferred node and decrease SCN traffic by tweaking
> something like the MAX_COMMIT_PROPOGATION_DELAY init param? That might get
> you some of those percents back...

And of course the first thing to do before any of that nonsense is looking at things like wait events and timed statistics to see what's different - Oracle is rather well instrumented after all. I really shouldn't be taking blind guesses like this; it's a bit irresponsible...

--
Jeremy Schneider
Chicago, IL