Re: Oracle Unbreakable Linux

From: Jeremy Schneider <>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 11:31:01 -0400

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Kevin Lidh <> wrote:

> A friend of mine is considering Unbreakable in his organization and
> wondered if I had heard of anybody using it in production. I personally
> haven't but was wondering if anyone on this list was using it and what
> they're feelings about it were? Have you used Oracle's support and how
> was it?

I've seen quite a few people using OEL in production for servers they're running Oracle products on. But I still see a lot of people on RH too. Having the single point of contact seems like a great advantage. OEL is of course just a copy of Red Hat's code... so you're asking the right questions - it's all about who has the better support organization. Personally I don't have any good war stories from either org... anyone? :)

Jeremy Schneider
Chicago, IL