Re: PL/SQL code to create dBase IV file

From: Nigel Thomas <nigel_cl_thomas_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 04:14:40 -0700 (PDT)

Bill

>I've tried this approach (ODBC), and
>I can't get the ODBC to consistently recognize that views are
>updateable with INSTEAD_OF triggers. Once in a while it works, but
>usually the ODBC thinks views are just read-only.

If your ODBC driver doesn't like to insert/update into views, can you spoof it into believing that the view is in fact a table?

What dictionary views does the ODBC driver use to decide it is a view? SQL trace what is going on and then try re-defining those so that ALL_TABLES (or its equivalent - in the relevant schema/s only, of course) returns all views along with all tables.

Regards Nigel