Re: datafiles on NFS?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 15:44:23 +0000

It isn't correct to say that only NetApp is supported there are other NAS vendors out there, and I'm not entirely clear that plain NFS as opposed to a NAS system is unsupported provided you mount with the correct options - it would be good to see a note that refers you to the need to buy a NAS device. I'm not sure I'd be trying os supplied nfs any time soon mind you.

Niall

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Elliott, Patrick < patrick.elliott_at_medtronic.com> wrote:

> NFS will work only if you are using Network Appliance. Just plain UNIX
> NFS will not work. You will get a corrupt database.
>

> Pat

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
http://www.orawin.info