Re: Solars Zones and Oracle

From: Pedro Espinoza <raindoctor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 20:09:22 -0500

I don't see any performance issues, because solaris zones are like chroot jails along with resource controls.

All of our oracle instances are running on solaris zones.

You need to take care of kernel parameters in /etc/project: there is a meta link note that describes in detail.

if you wanna resize vxfs, you should do it from global zone, because underlying veritas volumes are not exported to local zones. Yes, you can dynamically resize vxfs/vxvm

you should make use of lofs from global to non-global zone's /usr/local/bin