Re: Solars Zones and Oracle

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 21:28:50 -0800

Brian,

> > Solars Zones and Oracle......It's a whole new world for me.
> > Any quick thoughts on this anyone?

Be aware of "memory throttling" that may be *incorrectly* based on RSS (Resident Set Size). What happened during a test long ago was this (don't have the details now): A Sol 10 box set up with zones and some kind of memory throttling severely affected DB Server performance as it did not understand the presence of shared memory (SGA) and counted the RSS of all processes, which was incorrect. We basically had to switch off memory throttling. Apparently, there was an OS patch or level which fixed this, but I left before we could upgrade...

--
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc