Re: Unable to connect to ASM instance

From: Finn Jorgensen <finn.oracledba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:16:44 -0500

There was a post about this 2-3 months ago. I'm pasting from that post :

ASM instances appear with a blocked status from the 'lsnrctl services' command (see below). To remotely access a 'blocked service' you need to add (UR=A) to the tns connect string (plus you will need a password file for the asm instance).

Tnsnames.ora entry:

ASM1 =
 (DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = [hostname])(PORT = [portN]))
(CONNECT_DATA =

     (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = +ASM) (INSTANCE_NAME = +ASM1)
     (UR=A)
   ) )

$ lsnrctl services listener_mynodename

<...>
Service "+ASM" has 1 instance(s).
 Instance "+ASM1", status BLOCKED, has 1 handler(s) for this service...    Handler(s):

     "DEDICATED" established:0 refused:0 state:ready
        LOCAL SERVER

Finn