Re: Linux LowMem errors

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:19:34 +0000

Not that MTU! There's an Oracle patch which has the following effect

change skgxp MTU from 32k to 16k

What seems to be happening is that Oracle requests 32k chunks of memory from the OS for (I think) IPC packets. The bug description suggests that Linux is somewhat prone to low memory fragmentation and isn't able to allocate the memory.

 MTU of 32768 sounds interesting -- usually it is set to 1500, occasionally

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA