Re: Solaris Cluster Patches & Oracle Executable

From: Roman Podshivalov <roman.podshivalov_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 14:16:29 -0500

Lisa,

I don't know when you first started ;-) but for last 15 years make command never failed on me to relink Oracle binaries, granted that proper makefile is being used. There were some issues with missing libraries here and there like recently problem with libdm after removing Data Mining payable options, but usually it a straightforward starting from Oracle 6, if memory serves me right. I agree that Oracle 5 had some issues though ;-)

PS: and if something fails symfind script from $ORACLE_HOME/bin is a good tool to start troubleshooting with.

--romas