Solaris Cluster Patches & Oracle Executable

From: Koivu, Lisa <Lisa.Koivu_at_starwoodvo.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 09:09:52 -0500

Good morning all,

I boldly applied the latest cluster patch to one of my little blade servers. However, I don't see anything on Metalink that states you must relink the executable after patching the OS.

This seems like the logical next step, but since I didn't see it anywhere (and relinking can prove to be problematic), I decided to let it go and start up the database. It's only my test database, after all. My next step is to cluster patch one of my database servers that runs ASM. This action was suggested by Oracle Support. ASM makes me nervous because it's crashed multiple times and left no clues as to why. If a relink is required, and it's not done, it seems to me the first thing that will crash is ASM. (ASM crashes are spectacular!)

Comments, anyone? Also, if I've missed this in the documentation somewhere, a link to anything discussing this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Lisa Koivu

Oracle Database Administrator

desk: 407-903-4691

cell: 954-683-4459

This electronic message transmission contains information from the Company that may be proprietary, confidential and/or privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the address listed in the "From:" field.