Re: Solaris Cluster Patches & Oracle Executable

From: Roman Podshivalov <roman.podshivalov_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 09:45:35 -0500

Hi,

Even though Metalink note 131321.1 says you have to relink after OS patches based on vendor requirements, we usually do so only after major OS upgrades like Solaris 8 -> Solaris 10. It's more a safety measure than a requirement because usually all OS libraries are utilized by Oracle as dynamic objects. You can run ldd command on $ORACLE_HOME/bin/oracle to check this out.

--romas