Re: memory problem - oracle 10203 on HPUX

From: Finn Jorgensen <finn.oracledba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 13:59:03 -0500

If you set filesystemio_options=directIO then you don't have to set /usr/sbin/mount
-F vxfs -e -o noatime,*mincache=direct*

This is because the init.ora parameter directs oracle to use direct IO calls to all files and so you don't have to also instruct the filesystem to use direct IO calls to files opened in it.

Did I misunderstand something?

Finn