Re: memory problem - oracle 10203 on HPUX

From: Ujang Jaenudin <ujang.jaenudin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 22:53:46 +0700

finn,

I have long discussion with SA. also they are checking all the system and found that buffer_cache for FS takes the memory that it sould not to be.

thanks to juan, that he directed me to discuss about dbc kernel parameters. according to glance, the buiffer it takes 21GB (almost 50% of all memory). and the swap isn't used by system even when spike loads in oracle need it much more memory.

regards
ujang

--
regards
ujang

"I believe that exchange rate volatility is a major threat to
prosperity in the world today"
Dr. Robert A. Mundell, Nobel Laureate 1999