RE: rman online backup with exclude undo tablespace

From: Shamsudeen, Riyaj <RS2273_at_att.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 09:03:52 -0600

As you realize now, undo tablespace is critical for successful recovery.

Yes, it is possible to recover database, but there is high possibility that that will introduce corruption in the database. Work with support to do this, but by listing all undo segments in
_offline_rollback_segments parameter, database can be opened. After
opening the database, export data out, create new database and import. Again, Oracle support is probably a best bet if you have support contract. If not, Jeremiah Wilton @ www.ora-600.net <http://www.ora-600.net/> or Kurt @ www.ora600.nl might be able to help you.

Thanks

Riyaj

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Prasad Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 8:39 AM
To: oracle-l
Subject: rman online backup with exclude undo tablespace

All,

we had a online backup taken on a 10gr2 production db on solaris with configure exclude undo tablespace . we are trying to do a disaster recovery scenario to build a test system.

However we are getting into this scenario.

ORA-00704: bootstrap process failure
ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 2
ORA-00376: file 2 cannot be read at this time
ORA-01110: data file 2: '/datastore/sfods03/undotbs01.dbf'
Thu Jan 17 20:14:19 2008
Error 704 happened during db open, shutting down database USER: terminating instance due to error 704 Instance terminated by USER, pid = 21434

Is it recoverable?

TIA
-Prasad