Re: SQL*Loader performance

From: <>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:01:56 -0600

I think ASH and AWR are only available in 10G. I did do a spreport for a load before and after the changes.
The only thing that I was able to see that was significantly different was the number of cursors per session
It went from between 2 and 4 before the changes to 10 to 14 after the changes. I can't tie that however to
the degradation in performance

thank you

Gene Gurevich

             "Jared Still"
             Sent by:
             oracle-l-bounce_at_f                                          cc
                 oracle-l <>
                                       Re: SQL*Loader performance
             01/17/2008 11:42
             Please respond to

On Jan 17, 2008 8:46 AM, <> wrote:   Jared,

  ... think that couple of columns were removed. There were nothing else.

Try loading just one of the tables and do a 10046 trace on it.

Or if in a database with no users, run before and after statspack snapshots.

Or use ASH/AWR if you have it.

Jared Still