Re: SQL*Loader performance

From: <genegurevich_at_discover.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:01:56 -0600

I think ASH and AWR are only available in 10G. I did do a spreport for a load before and after the changes.
The only thing that I was able to see that was significantly different was the number of cursors per session
It went from between 2 and 4 before the changes to 10 to 14 after the changes. I can't tie that however to
the degradation in performance

thank you

Gene Gurevich

             "Jared Still"
             <jkstill_at_gmail.co
             Sent by:                  genegurevich_at_discover.com
             oracle-l-bounce_at_f                                          cc
             reelists.org              oracle-l <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: SQL*Loader performance
             01/17/2008 11:42
             AM

             Please respond to
             jkstill_at_gmail.com

On Jan 17, 2008 8:46 AM, <genegurevich_at_discover.com> wrote:   Jared,

  ... think that couple of columns were removed. There were nothing else.

Try loading just one of the tables and do a 10046 trace on it.

Or if in a database with no users, run before and after statspack snapshots.

Or use ASH/AWR if you have it.

--

Jared Still

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Jan 17 2008 - 12:01:56 CST