SQL*Loader performance

From: <genegurevich_at_discover.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 15:39:23 -0600

Hi everybody:

I am seeing a degradation in SQL*Loader performance after making a seemingly benign changes to couple
of tables - the tables were dropped and recreated with some columns being removed and other being added
or moved around. After that the load that used to take about an 80 jumped to 140 min. I can't think of what could
have caused it. The degree of parallelism on the tables did not changed. I am not sure what else could explain
that. Any ideas? The database is 9.2.0.8. The SQL*Loader is running in direct mode

thank you

Gene Gurevich