Re: SQL*Loader performance

From: <>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:46:26 -0600

There were no new indices added. I am pretty sure of that since I was the one who applied the changes.
I have also compared the list of indices on the tables before and after the changes and they are the same.
I am very positive that the indices were dropped prior to the load, but I need to check for that during the upcoming load. There were no LOB columns added. There were several date , char and number columns added. I also
think that couple of columns were removed. There were nothing else.

thank you

Gene Gurevich

             "Jared Still"
             01/17/2008 10:35                                           cc
             AM                        oracle-l <>
                                       Re: SQL*Loader performance

On Jan 17, 2008 8:12 AM, <> wrote:   Jared,

  What would you be looking for in the DDLs for old and new tables? I can   post them here, but the are very very

So there have been a number of changes?

New indexes that may be enabled during data load.

LOB columns , etc.

You really need to narrow it down to a test case.

You're right, no one here is going to look at a huge DDL section.

But without a test case, everything is guessing.

Jared Still