RE: df shows 100% on a empty filesystem-

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 15:15:12 +0800

When datafiles are not released after dropping a tablespace then again lsof is useful for identifying which process still holds the files open.

I've experienced a similar case in Oracle 9.2 on Solaris, it turned out that the idle job queue processes still had the files open even after tablespace was dropped. As I did not want to bounce the instance just because of that, I set job_queue_processes = 0, waited until the processes died (and the files were released) and set job_queue_processes back to original again.

--

Regards,
Tanel Poder