9i OEM standalone console, TNS_ADMIN and tnsnames.ora

From: Tony Sequeira <tony_at_sequeira.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 12:17:41 +0000

I recently installed 10g client and 11g client on my laptop which had a 9i client already installed.

All seems well, *except* (there's always something), that 9i OEM console will not bring up the list of entries in my tnsnames.ora, with a new system environment variable TNS_ADMIN.

10g OEM works OK.

9i tools, SQL*Plus, Net Manager (even from the OEM console) all work fine.

I don't want to use 9i ORACLE_HOME/network/admin for as my TNS_ADMIN directory, though I may have to.

Any ideas?

--
S. Anthony Sequeira

++
Don't say "yes" until I finish talking. -- Darryl F. Zanuck
++