RE: looks like oracle changed how sqlplus -s /nolog works in

From: Vishal Gupta <>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 23:59:51 -0000

Check you dont have anything special in glogin.sql or login.sql. It normally happens when glogin.sql has been change to set SQL prompts.

Vishal Gupta

From: on behalf of Herring Dave - dherri Sent: Fri 11/01/2008 20:16
To:; Subject: RE: looks like oracle changed how sqlplus -s /nolog works in

Works fine for me:

% sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOF
> FROM v\$version;

Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release - 64bi PL/SQL Release - Production
CORE Production
TNS for Linux: Version - Production NLSRTL Version - Production

5 rows selected.

I'm curious what you mean by "you get your prompt set up with user_at_database", when you use the "-s" option its silent, so you don't see anything.

Dave Herring | A c x i o m M I C S / C S O

630-944-4762 office | 630-430-5988 wireless | 630-944-4898 fax