RE: cloning a terabyte database

From: David Grosser <davidg.oraclel_at_live.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:27:52 -0500

I've used two methods to clone a 600GB database without using tape.

put the source database into backup mode, ftp the db files to the new server, create a cloning script from a controlfile backed up to trace, execute the clone script to create new control files. use rman and back up the source db to disk. copy the backup files to the target server. Use rman duplicate commands. David Grosser

Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 07:02:46 -0800From: smishra_97_at_yahoo.comSubject: cloning a terabyte databaseTo: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Hi

I had to copy a Terbayte Prod database and its test box is damanaged and has to recreate with Prod. What are the fastest method. Both Prod and Test server are at different location and so I cannot restore the Tape backup directly.

TIA
Sanjay

i’m is proud to present Cause Effect, a series about real people making a difference. http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/MTV/?source=text_Cause_Effect