Re: rman parallel processes

From: Vitalis Jerome <vitalisman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 15:10:12 +0100

No, it does not make sense. The "configure channel 1" set options for the first of the 4 automatic channels you've declared with "confiure ... PARALLELISM 4". The other three channels inherit the configuration of the generic automatic channel, which you haven't declared and which thus defaults to a channel configured to create backup pieces in $O_H/dbs on Unix.

Run something like this to configure the generic automatic channel and put the pieces created by the 3 other channels in a more reasonable place:
configure channel device type disk format '/my/path/%U';