RE: Logminer failure

From: Shamsudeen, Riyaj <RS2273_at_att.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 13:40:37 -0600

Hi Sandra

            Are you using dictionary file or using database? I went through similar exercise few weeks ago.

            I don't know why you are getting ORA-3113 errors, if you have any trace file, that might be helpful to diagnose this further.

            I encountered couple of issues and will share that here.

  1. Logminer did not like dictionary file from standby and creating new dictionary file from production helped
  2. There are few bugs using dictionary file. You might have to remove all lines starting with -- [dash-dash which are comments] and empty lines.

HTH Thanks

Riyaj Shamsudeen

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Sandra Becker Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 1:27 PM To: oracle-l
Subject: Logminer failure

Oracle Standard Edition 1, Ver. 9.2.0.8

RHEL 4.1   I've opened an SR with Oracle, but they haven't responded yet and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. We accidentally deleted some data one of our customers needs to do their year-end processing. We know when it happened and thought we could use logminer to get the undo statements. Unfortunately, every time we run the query to get the sql_undo from v$logmnr_contents, we get an ORA-03113 end-of-communication channel error. Any suggestions? I lost my standby database on Saturday night and I'm still recovering that database so logminer is my only hope right now.

Thanks in advance.

Sandy