RE: what's "enq:TX - contention"

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 11:04:10 -0500

When this is happening, in what mode is the lock being held? (I assume 'X'.) In what mode is the waiting lock? ('S' mode?)

-Mark

--

Mark J. Bobak
Senior Database Administrator, System & Product Technologies ProQuest

ProQuest...Start here.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Eagle Fan Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2007 3:05 AM To: oracle-l
Subject: Re: what's "enq:TX - contention"

any comments?

Thanks

On Nov 27, 2007 12:19 AM, Eagle Fan <eagle.f_at_gmail.com> wrote:

hi:

In 10g, oracle has four TX wait events:

  1. enq:TX - row lock contention
  2. enq:TX - index contention
  3. enq:TX - ITL
  4. enq:TX - contention

I know the first three ones' meanings.

But what does the last one "enq:TX - contention" mean? I know it means other TX enqueue types. But what's the *other* TX enqueues?

Could anybody give me some examples? We have insert sql causes this TX contention.

I searched metalink and oracle-l, but most doc/threads are discussing the first three ones.

Thanks a lot.

--

Eagle Fan

Oracle DBA