AW: RAC cluster down ...

From: Torsten Rosenwald <torsten.rosenwald_at_web.de>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 09:27:53 +0100

 Hi Laura,

how did you define your database resources (srvctl add...)? Did you try a reboot (no, this is no (at least good) solution...;-))? The 'Cannot read string from
/home/oracle/product/10gR2/racg/init/oracle1/powersv2/.connect' shows that there are maybe some directories that do not exist, but Clusterware expects these.

Starting more instances at a time is a task to complete when the issues are gone ...;-)
Ok, just kidding. Define resources as if you were using a failover database with clusterware:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/clusterware/pdf/SI_DB_Fai lover_11g.pdf

The more I think about that the more I come to suggest a reboot...;-(

What happens when you stop your database with srvctl? What are target and real state (get your copy of ML-Note 259301.1 to check the state of the clusterware's resources) saying about the db resources.

hth (a bit...;-)),
Torsten.