Re: Oracle Clusterware installation question

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 17:46:28 -0800 (PST)

During the installation, you defined a list of nodes in the cluster. You have to run root.sh on ALL nodes in the cluster before you'll see all the processes start on any of the nodes. You don't have to run them in a particular order, but I would recommend running root.sh sequentially on each node (and waiting until it finishes on each node before starting it on the next node).

Please confirm that you have run root.sh on ALL (two) nodes in the defined cluster configuration before clicking next to allow the final assistants to run from OUI.

Dan

Folks,
I am installing Oracle clusterware 10.2.0.1 on two linux ES 4.0 servers at home. I am using NFS for shared storage. The problem I am having is that after installation of the clusterware software, when OUI asked to run root.sh, the following is happening:

- root.sh runs and it seems to run fine as shown below:

[root_at_d4700 crs]# ./root.sh
WARNING: directory '/home/oracle' is not owned by root Checking to see if Oracle CRS stack is already configured /etc/oracle does not exist. Creating it now.

Setting the permissions on OCR backup directory Setting up NS directories
Oracle Cluster Registry configuration upgraded successfully WARNING: directory '/home/oracle' is not owned by root

assigning default hostname d4700 for node 1.
assigning default hostname d3000 for node 2.
Successfully accumulated necessary OCR keys.
node 2: d3000 d3000-priv d3000
Creating OCR keys for user 'root', privgrp 'root'.. Operation successful.
Now formatting voting device: /u20/oradata/vote Format of 1 voting devices complete.
Startup will be queued to init within 90 seconds.

INFO: Configuration assistant "Oracle Notification Server Configuration Assistant" failed

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Amir