Re: racgimon and ORA-25228

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 17:40:43 -0800 (PST)

I'd take a look at which Oracle Clusterware monitors are checking (CHECK_INTERVAL) every 10 seconds (if any). You can see the clusterware check frequency for a resource by looking at that resource's profile with

crs_stat -p <resource_name>

like

crs_stat -p ora.node1.ons

I don't have ready access to my test cluster or I'd look to check the defaults for you. A quick shell loop should spit out all the CHECK_INTERVALs for each resource.

Dan

Try to check $ORACLE_HOME/log/<nodename>/racg/imon_<SID>.log Anything there?

On Nov 7, 2007 6:37 PM, Herring Dave - dherri <Dave.Herring_at_acxiom.com>  wrote:
> I've got a RAC install where the Oracle session racgimon@<server>
 (TNS V1-V3) is generating ORA-25228 errors every 10 seconds. I know this  because I've created an ON SERVERERROR trigger that writes ORA- errors  it captures to an internal auditing table. What I don't understand is  why these are being generated?

> The cluster involves 2 servers running RHEL 4.x and Oracle 10.2.0.3.
>
> Why do I care? Nothing seems to be adversely affected by this, but I
 definitely am concerned about a background process constantly  generating errors. I've checked $ORA_CRS_HOME/log, $ORA_ASM_HOME/log, and  $ORACLE_HOME/log directories for anything that might match what's going on  and can't come up with anything. Nothing as well in adump / udump  directories.

> Any clues or directions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dave
>

> ___________________________________
> David C. Herring, DBA| A c x i o m Delivery Center Organization
> 630-944-4762office |630-430-5988 wireless|630-944-4989 fax
>

> The information contained in this communication is confidential, is
> intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be
 legally
> privileged.
>
> If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are
> hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
 this
> communication is strictly prohibited.
>
> If you have received this communication in error, please resend this
> communication to the sender and delete the original message or any
 copy
> of it from your computer system.
>
> Thank You.

Alex Gorbachev, Oracle DBA Brewer, The Pythian Group
http://www.pythian.com/blogs/author/alex http://www.oracloid.com
BAAG party - www.BattleAgainstAnyGuess.com