RE: Grid Control (Rel 2) Question

From: Taylor, Chris David <Chris.Taylor_at_ingrambarge.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 10:18:52 -0600

Be aware, that the date that is off is not an hour....Its 2 years+ (2009-01-27)

But thanks anyway...

Chris Taylor

Sr. Oracle DBA

Ingram Barge Company

Nashville, TN 37205

Office: 615-517-3355

Cell: 615-354-4799

Email: chris.taylor_at_ingrambarge.com

From: Elliott, Patrick [mailto:patrick.elliott_at_medtronic.com] Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 10:18 AM To: kennaim_at_gmail.com; Taylor, Chris David; 'oracle-l' Subject: RE: Grid Control (Rel 2) Question

Have you applied the latest DST patches? If not, then that could easily cause a problem like this. If you applied the patch on one system, but missed another one, then they would be an hour off.

Pat

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Ken Naim Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 9:30 AM To: Chris.Taylor_at_ingrambarge.com; 'oracle-l' Subject: RE: Grid Control (Rel 2) Question

While I don't know for sure, I think this happened to me on Monday morning, one of my target database nodes (node 1 of 4) fell behind an hour even though all xml files were being uploaded. I stopped and started the agents and it resolved it self although we lost data for that 1 node for an hour.

Ken

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Taylor, Chris David Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 9:21 AM To: oracle-l
Subject: Grid Control (Rel 2) Question

Anyone ever have problems where an agent starts uploading data with a bad COLLECTION_TIMESTAMP? We're getting ORA-14400 errors - "Inserted Partition Key does not map to any partition".

The table involved is MGMT_METRICS_RAW which is partitioned by date. The XML files that are being uploaded by this agent contain a COLLECTION_TIMESTAMP of "2009-01-27". There is no partition in MGMT_METRICS_RAW that can handle this data. The agent on the affected box appears to be fine and shows the correct dates when doing a 'emctl status agent'. Does anyone know how the agent generates this 'COLLECTION_TIMESTAMP' when its monitoring a host and/or database.

Of course, it's one of our production servers so I can't just remove the monitored targets without a lot of pain of recreating the Grid Control jobs...ugh.

Thoughts?

Chris Taylor

Sr. Oracle DBA

Ingram Barge Company

Nashville, TN 37205

Office: 615-517-3355

Cell: 615-354-4799

Email: chris.taylor_at_ingrambarge.com

CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY NOTICE
Information transmitted by this email is proprietary to Medtronic and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is private, privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please delete this mail from your records.

To view this notice in other languages you can either select the following link or manually copy and paste the link into the address bar of a web browser: http://emaildisclaimer.medtronic.com