Re: CPU Time calculation in AWR Reports

From: Vlad Sadilovskiy <vlovsky_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 08:47:17 -0500

In this case it should be the same at the end of the day. Shouldn't it be?

After Jonathan posted his AWR observations, I couldn't reproduce similar behavior and don't believe the time is calculated as *CPU used by this session + recursive calls cpu usage*. At least not always. Here is a post Recursive
Calls <http://vsadilovskiy.wordpress.com/2007/11/05/recursive-calls/> that demonstrates differences in reporting recursive calls CPU usage in various tools.

I agree that the source of *CPU used by this session* value in v$sysstat that is *definitely used* to report *CPU time* by Statspack might be different from the source of the *DB CPU* from v$sys_time_model that *I think* is used by AWR to report the same. The lack of definitive information about different DB usage patterns, doesn't allow clear demonstration of their correlation.

Vlad Sadilovskiy
Oracle Database Tools
Web site: http://www.fourthelephant.com
Blog: http://vsadilovskiy.wordpress.com