Re: Performance Problem

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 14:18:22 +1100

Alex Gorbachev wrote,on my timestamp of 5/11/2007 4:28 AM:

> Thanks Wolfgang. Sounds encouraging.
>
> On Nov 4, 2007 11:03 AM, Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com> wrote:
>

>>I have worked with several Peoplesoft databases running the gamut
>>from HR, SA (Student Admin), Financials/Supply Chain and EPM on
>>Oracle 9i and 10g and none of them has optimizer_features_enable
>>"backdated". We set specific _ parameters though:
>>_unnest_subquery=false
>>_complex_view_merging=false
>>_gby_hash_aggregation_enabled = false  ( nothing to do with
>>Peoplesoft but the default true can produce wrong results ).

Nearly missed this one.
We're now on 10.2.0.3, after a bad experience with 10.2.0.2 and .48.10 Peopletools.
we still use _unnest_subquery for the darn date range subqueries in Peoplesoft but
_gby_hash_aggregation_enabled is not
needed in 10.2.0.3: the bug that caused that problem was fixed in this release. I have confirmed this with a query that caused the problem in 10.2.0.2 and it is indeed gone.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto