RE: processes vs sessions

From: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 15:35:17 -0400

Mir,

Setting the parameter to a high value does not hurt you at all - it just allows more sessions to connect.

I would at least double it (we have values of 500 as a standard value and higher in some databases). Ask your user community what plans they have for granting more access to the database. You might need a higher value.

Tom