Re: processes vs sessions

From: Mir M. Mirhashimali <mhyder_at_rice.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 14:23:34 -0500

This is the reason i brought up this discussion I have a database which is reporting "ORA-00018: maximum number of sessions exceeded"

So i was wondering if i need to bump up my processes parameter from 150 to a higher number. since this requires modifying kernel parameters. I was wondering if there is a way to calculate what this value be set to.

Thanks

--
Mir M. Mirhashimali
Oracle Systems Manager