RE: STRIPING AT Oracle Level

From: Amar Kumar Padhi <amar.padhi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 08:08:02 +0400 (GST)

Hi Deepak,
Though traditional, datafile wise striping is still the best kind of defence on JBOD. Others on the list can add.

If you are using internal set of disks, you can create a s/w RAID base from OS. I have done this on Linux OS (works great, but doesn't support hot swapping). Besides, Most basic DAS, SAN and NAS (almost all) come with RAID controllers, it's part of the package.

thanks!
amar kumar padhi
www.amar-padhi.com
pushed from PDA