Re: Statistics graphing and analysis

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 22:16:46 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Dave,

I use Toad v9 for this. It has a built-in report writer, somewhat similar with what you see with MS Access. For me, I don't bother with textual tabular reports and use it solely for graphing.

Once the reports are created, Toad can be scheduled to run non-interactively to generate the report output whenever you need (e.g. every hour, middle of the night, etc.). While I don't schedule mine, I have one report I run weekly to spit out a bar graph of the 20 largest tables in our ERP DB. Hanging it on my cube wall, folks can get a little better idea of why I'm anxious about the rate with which our largest table is growing. :) And I don't need to use silly cut-and-pasting like one would with Excel -- Toad recognizes my query and automatically loads my custom creation when I ask it for a report on the data.

For more information, check out:

http://asktoad.com/DWiki/doku.php/faq/answers/fastreports

And you can also visit the Yahoo Group and post questions at:

Don't know if this is the answer you're looking for, but probably one you won't get from anyone else on the list (other than Norm!). HTH! GL!

Rich