Oracle streams - part 2

From: Fedock, John \(KAM.RIC\) <John.Fedock_at_us.kline.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 14:28:29 -0400

I finally got my Streams working (with a very small test) last night. The target database was shutdown and brought back up this morning. The APPLY process was aborted, so I restarted and now I am back to the ora-26687 errors. I have reset the scn several times and I am still getting these errors.

Needless to say, this whole streams process is very frustrating to me.

Does shutting down the target database, without stopping streams cause the SCNs to not be in sync after it is brought back up?

I know I am resetting the SCN, as I see the value change in DBA_APPLY_INSTANTIATED_OBJECTS.   All the documents in MetaLink and Google say the same thing:

"Set the SCN by calling DBMS_APPLY_ADM.SET_INSTANTIATION_ SCN" - which I have done countless times.

Can someone throw me a bone and steer me in the right direction.

TIA.   John Fedock